How to be a responsible traveller
+Respect the local people
- I don’t give money
to kids in order to prevent social disruption.
- I carefully look at the way I dress, and I avoid bikinis
on the beach.
- I avoid public display of affection.
- I always ask before taking somebody’s picture, and
I only promise to send the picture if I know I really will.
- I don’t drink alcohol in the street or public places.
+Respect and protect Moheli’s
- I don’t throw trash
- I take back home with me all heavily pollutant trash (batteries,
plastic bags) that can’t just be burnt.
- I am careful with my water consumption, as resources are
+Respect sea turtle’s
laying of eggs
- I speak and walk slowly so as to not
disturb turtles when they are making their way up the beach.
- I don’t use lamp torches on the beach. Sea turtles
are very sensitive to light and could refrain from laying
their eggs if scared away.
- I wait for the turtle to lay its eggs before approaching
- I follow my guide’s instructions at all times.